Remember who you are. Those of us who have children who loved Lion King will remember Mufasa’s words to Simba. As believers, we are wise to take his advice!
As believers we are to resist all things in our lives that contradict who we are and what we have in Jesus. In Matthew 19:19 1 Jesus gave us the authority to allow only those things into our lives that are allowed in God’s presence. You have been given the authority to live the life of your choosing. If we wait for God to give us abundant life, we are looking backwards because everything that we need from God has already been given to us as His children when Jesus rose from the dead! Romans 8:322. 2 Peter 1:33. Ephesians 1:19-204.
You, as a believer, have the right to forbid anything in your life that is contrary to what Jesus is experiencing now being resurrected and seated at the right hand of God the Father 5.
As for myself, I find that I am in a constant state of training to maintain a living communion with Jesus 6. As I recognize that Jesus is in me I can comprehend the divine goodness that dwells in me. Experiencing His goodness in me connects me in a real way to the faith I profess7 . Isaiah 26:3 8 tells us if we trust God, we will keep our minds stayed on Him and we will dwell in the place of perfect peace. His peace doesn’t change with circumstances because we know that He is greater!
I know that in the past my abiding thoughts, what I allow my mind to dwell upon, has been the biggest limiting factor in my life. As I learn more to trust God and keep my mind upon Him and His promises I see more evidence of His presence in my life. I am becoming more and more as a little child trusting my Daddy and believing that all things really are possible!
Spend time being quiet in God’s presence. You don’t have to go anywhere to do this because He is always there waiting. Acknowledge what Jesus did for you at the cross and enter God’s presence by Jesus blood that was spilled to forever remove you from your shortcomings. Let His unconditional love bring you to perfection. Experiencing God for yourself is the only way to live the life that He has to offer.
And remember who you are!
- I shall give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth [forbid to be done], shall have been already bound [forbidden to be done] in heaven and whatever you loose on earth [permit to be done], shall have already been loosed in heaven [permitted to be done]. (Wuest)
- Romans 8:32 (AMP) He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things?
- 2 Peter 1:3 (AMP) For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue).
- Ephesians 1:19-20 (AMP)19 And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength, 20 Which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His [own] right hand in the heavenly [places],
- Ephesians 2:6 (AMP) And He raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together [giving us joint seating with Him] in the heavenly sphere [by virtue of our being] in Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
- Hebrews 4:11 (AMP) Let us therefore be zealous and exert ourselves and strive diligently to enter that rest [of God, to know and experience it for ourselves], that no one may fall or perish by the same kind of unbelief and disobedience [into which those in the wilderness fell]
- Philemon 1:6(NKJV) that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus
- Isaiah 26:3 (NLT) You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!