This post is really a sequel to my last post Who Are You?
Modern psychology tells us that we are basically the sum total of all of our life’s experiences. Our minds process data at the speed of light and pass judgements on current events in our lives based upon every past decision and experience that we have encountered. Some studies even suggest that at a subconscious level we begin to develop our sense of self in our mother’s womb based upon her emotional state and her life’s experiences. We think that we are making rational decisions but in reality we are just in a continuation of our own status quo.
The born again experience sets us instantly free from all of this.1 God comes and makes His home in us by His Spirit living in us 2 3 to empower us to walk in newness of life. 4 But for most of us we still struggle with all of the same issues that have plagued us for our entire lives. We may get cleaned up a bit but don’t come close to living the abundant life promised by Jesus!
So what gives?
First, it is absolutely imperative we know that everything God has provided for us is a done deal. We cannot earn anything from God. Everything that we need for life and Godliness has already been given to us. We are complete in Jesus. 5
The problem lies between our ears! Nobody ever told us that we need to change the way we think. Paul told us to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. 6 God implanted in our hearts all the wonderful goodness that He has for us the instant that we were born again. But if we don’t change the way we think to line up with what God has put in our hearts we will become hardened to the new love that is in us.7
In the end, the only way to truly experience the life God has to offer is by experiencing Jesus in a real way. He stands at the door of our hearts and knocks. All we have to do is let Him in and spend time loving Him and allowing Him to love us! Jesus living in us will bring light to His word lighting our pathway making our lives brighter and brighter!
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 (AMP)Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!
- Ephesians 3:16 (AMP) May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the [Holy] Spirit [Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality].
- John 14:17 (AMP) The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.
- Jeremiah 31:33 (AMP) But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the Lord, I will put My law within them, and on their hearts will I write it; and I will be their God, and they will be My people.
- Colossians 2:10 (NKJV) and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.
- Romans 12:2 (AMP) Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].
- Romans 8:6 (NLT) So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.